Monday, June 3, 2019

In Jo's Yard - 15 Plant It & They Will Come



It’s been barely 2 weeks since the Wildflower Garden with one Milkweed plant was planted.  The Coral Honeysuckle under the trellis came with a ‘bonus” Passion Vine.  I am ecstatic to find that a Monarch Caterpillar is eating my milkweed and a Gulf Fritillary caterpillar on the Passion Vine.  A few days later, there are TWO Monarch Caterpillars eating my milkweed! 

Less than three weeks from planting, my first hummingbird is sighted at the Tropical Sage! She moved fast I couldn’t get a photo – Below is a photo from the internet – that is how she looked!  
I am so happy – Plant it and they will come!

                                                Monarch Caterpillar on my Milkweed          



 Gulf Fritillary caterpillar on Passion Vine


                              Hummingbird at a Tropical Sage plant (photo found on internet)


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jo's Yard - last post - Join Facebook group

 It has been a pleasure writing this blog, but it is time to move on.  My Villages Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society has started a...