Sunday, March 22, 2020

In Jo's Yard - 54 Anoles


March 12, 2020 – I am in the Florida room on the phone with a friend.  The sunshade at the patio sliding door is up and I am looking out over the little patio.  My eye is caught by a bright green little anole on the white railing – it is a Florida Native Anole!  The first one I’ve ever seen, but I have no doubt.  I’ve seen hundreds of the brown Cuban anoles, all over the place and once even in my office wastebasket!  The green Florida native anoles are apparently a rare sight.  I SO -O-O hope that I see more of them in the future!  


The following article contains photos of both species.
UF/IFAS Gardening Solutions / Anoles


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jo's Yard - last post - Join Facebook group

 It has been a pleasure writing this blog, but it is time to move on.  My Villages Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society has started a...