Monday, August 5, 2019

In Jo's Yard - 24 Monarch Chrysalis & Butterfly


In Phase 2, I wanted to add more Milkweed plants to support the Monarch butterflies and caterpillars.  Now I have Milkweed in two locations – in the Wildflower garden in the front of the house, and next to the heat pump on the North side of the house.  I am so excited to find a beautiful jade green gem of a Monarch Chrysalis hanging from the vinyl siding just a few feet from the Milkweed on the north side of the house. It is 18 days since this Milkweed was planted.  I check it anxiously every morning.  Seven days after I first saw the chrysalis, I see that it is broken and now a silver color.  At first I am disappointed to have missed the butterfly, but then, I look over to the pine straw and see it – The Monarch Butterfly is drying its wings.  I am all smiles!  

                                Sept 28, 2018– find Monarch Chrysalis near the newest Milkweed plants


                                     Oct. 4, 2018 – A new Monarch butterfly is in the world!

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jo's Yard - last post - Join Facebook group

 It has been a pleasure writing this blog, but it is time to move on.  My Villages Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society has started a...