Monday, January 6, 2020

In Jo's Yard - 43 Narrowleaf Ironweed and Rosinflower

In March 2019,  the Narrowleaf Ironweed is coming back like gangbusters!  The Rosinflower is looking good,  except for one, which I don’t think that I cut back.  But I will leave it alone and see if it recovers.  The Privet Senna looks good, with beautiful yellow flowers.   Frog fruit, twinflower, swamp twinflower – all looks good in back yard.
A huge shadow on the solar shade in my Florida Room spurs me to open the shade to see the cause.  It’s a GIANT grasshopper on the window.  I am hoping it is NOT an Eastern Lubber – they sound mean and disgusting.  My only photo is of the underside of the thing, since I was inside & it was outside!  It’s more than two inches from end to end!   (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romalea)


Narrowleaf Ironweed, Rosinflower, Privet Senna corner in March 2019                                                               

  

               Narrowleaf Ironweed                              Narrowleaf Ironweed and 
               in March 2019                                  Rosinflower in June 2019                                           

                                       Privet Senna with its yellow blooms
                                        
                             
                                             Unidentified pest on the window over 2"                                                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jo's Yard - last post - Join Facebook group

 It has been a pleasure writing this blog, but it is time to move on.  My Villages Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society has started a...