Monday, January 13, 2020

In Jo's Yard - 44 Plant Milkweed in April


A single Cattle egret is calmly walking through my Wild Flower Garden about 6:30PM.  I see it through my office window.  I get up but it flies away before I can get a photo!

Huge black cricket is on the Kitchen window.  It’s all BLACK – looks alien, seems to be missing a leg, but it’s definitely a cricket. 

There is a pale yellow butterfly enjoying the scorpion-tail.  A PAIR of mockingbirds linger for some time in the flatwood plum trees, around the blanket flower, in the Florida Privet!  So happy to see the wildlife!

By April 20, 2019, Monarch butterflies are in the yard, around the Milkweed, enjoying the Stokes Aster.  This year, 2020, I will definitely make sure I have Milkweed in the yard by the beginning of April.  

                                        Monarch Butterfly on Stokes Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jo's Yard - last post - Join Facebook group

 It has been a pleasure writing this blog, but it is time to move on.  My Villages Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society has started a...