Monday, January 20, 2020

In Jo's Yard - 45 Preparing for Garden Tour


I have met one goal – my yard will be included in the May 2019 Villages FNPS Garden Tour!  So I arrange for Green Isle Gardens [Green Isle Gardens] to do some yard maintenance at the end of April.  The frog fruit in the back is gorgeous and lush and probably 6” tall – it has never been cut.  The frog fruit in the front, which was cut in November, 2018, seems to be struggling to turn green.  You can see green “underneath”, but its overall appearance is brown.  


I work 50+ hours this week and was working while GIG was here.  I added 2 MilkWeed plants, 3 Stokes Aster, 3 Rosinflower and 4 Wild Petunia.  When the Green Isle Gardens crew took lunch break, the Monarch butterflies headed straight to the MilkWeed!   My yard is shaping up beautifully.  

                                  Wildflower Garden, Front Yard April 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jo's Yard - last post - Join Facebook group

 It has been a pleasure writing this blog, but it is time to move on.  My Villages Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society has started a...