Monday, February 10, 2020

In Jo's Yard - 48 Weeding

May 2019 – spend the entire morning form 7:30AM-11:30AM, with one break, weeding, deadheading the blanket flower, trimming the tropical sage.  I find many “colonies” of spotted spurge [Spotted Spurge] and wood sorrel [Wood Sorrel].  The wood sorrel looks like little tiny clover leaves, but tiny and just spreads outward!  There’s also all the grasses – crab grass, signal grass, cheat grass.  No matter what the weather, the weeds seem to flourish!  Now I’ve got chickweed! 

In addition, I have to worry about the flowers that have re-seeded themselves outside the beds – the beebalm, the blanket flower, the tropical sage!  Oh a gardener’s work is never done!

After I went inside and showered, at my office window, who is walking through my wildflower garden, but the little cattle egret!  Love to watch him walk - the rewards of having providing native plants for native wildlife!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jo's Yard - last post - Join Facebook group

 It has been a pleasure writing this blog, but it is time to move on.  My Villages Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society has started a...