Monday, November 18, 2019

In Jo's Yard - 38 Pine Straw


It's February 12, 2019 – pine straw delivery day!  Our Villages Chapter of FNPS maintains the median strip at the entrance to the Lake Griffin State Park.  I joined TV-FNPS President Steve Turnipseed and member Roger Selch there to unload 60 bales of pine straw at Lake Griffin State Park.  At my house, 82 bales were delivered – 40 for my own yard and 42 for other TV-FNPS members.  I placed my 40 bales around the yard.  I had work scheduled 2:30AM-8:30AM – I don’t know when I will have the energy to spread the pine straw.  I wonder what I got myself into!  February 14, after working and going to Mystery Lovers Book Club, I try to spread one or two bales, then I am off to bed, exhausted.  Over the next week, I manage to spread 30 bales of pine straws, re-sell 6, and stack up the rest for future use.  Boy, that’s hard work I’m not used to, but it was manageable by doing a little at a time.  

                                            82 bales of pine straw in my driveway!

                                 Managed to spread some pine straw in my Privet Senna Corner

                                                       Back yard with fresh pine straw

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Jo's Yard - last post - Join Facebook group

 It has been a pleasure writing this blog, but it is time to move on.  My Villages Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society has started a...